Offered for sale is an incredibly rare, exceedingly luxurious 35k original mile 2012 Land Rover Range Rover Autobiography Ultimate Edition finished in striking special edition Rousillon Red over Ivory and Dark Cherry Oxford leather with ample amounts of gorgeous Kalahari wood trim.
To celebrate the end of the L322 Range Rover, Land Rover produced 500 “Ultimate” Editions, expanding upon the already impressive Autobiography. Only 50 of those 500 were slated for U.S. delivery, making this likely one of the finest, lowest mileage examples remaining. Boasting an even more exclusive price tag of $170,000, the Ultimate Edition came with all of the Autobiography’s options:
- Unique front and rear bumper with Shadow Chrome front grill.
- Leather everything including top and lower dash, center console and headlining.
- Heated front and rear seats, power seats for both front and rear. Rear seats also with power reclining option.
- Climate control rear glass.
- 1200 watt Logic7 audio with 19 speakers.
- Adaptive cruise control.
- Supercharged 5.0L V8 510hp, 461lb torque.
The Ultimate Edition also has the following options:
- Unique 20” multi-spoke diamond turned allow wheels
- Dual iPads with integrated holder and controls with wireless Apple keyboard.
- Individual business rear seating with control.
- Multi position stowaway business table in Kalahari wood.
- Center console beverage cooler with deployable champagne flute holder.
- Polish aluminum door switch surrounds.
- Upgraded Oxford full leather interior.
- Teak wood loadspace floor with anti-slip grip and polished stainless steel tail gate finisher.
- Illuminated side step.
- Automatic power side step.
The truck was originally sold in Florida and was registered briefly there before being sold in 2013 to a businessman in Pennsylvania. In 2016 it was sold with 34k miles to a San Diego restaurateur and winery owner who fell in love with the wine oriented livery. The truck has always been garaged and well serviced, receiving its 30k service in 2015 at 28k miles. It was most recently serviced in September at Carlsbad British Motorcars, and is in excellent shape mechanically without any issues to speak of. The 510hp 5.0L Supercharged V8 engine is a smooth and torque joy from behind the wheel, and despite Land Rover’s posted 0-60mph time of 5.9 seconds, Car and Driver’s test times put that closer to a thrilling 5.1 seconds.
The truck’s also in immaculate cosmetic condition, the Rousillon Red finish deep, lustrous and beguilingly variable in color depending on the light. The exterior is marred only by the most negligible of imperfections (a couple of fine rock chips, a hardly noticeable scuff on the front valence), none of which are significant to appear in pictures or detract from the truck’s considerable appeal. Never in any accidents and sporting 100% original paint, the body is entirely straight and retains consistent, factory correct panel fits and gaps. All of the glass, rubber and chrome is in excellent condition, as are the special 20” wheels, which are wrapped in Michelin tires with plenty of remaining tread.
The truck’s interior is equally as clean, showing virtually no wear whatsoever. The Kalahari wood trim is absolutely gorgeous, the Oxford leather is supple and inviting, and the truck has more creature comforts than a Gulfstream. Speaking of which, the adjustable rear “captain’s” seats (with foldable desk and wine cooler) feels more like a new private jet than and SUV, but the front seats are just as comfortable and the truck is equally suitable for personal or chauffeur-driven use. Now outdated, the iPads that came with the truck new have been removed, but their holders still function as intended if you want to install new versions.
This is an excellent opportunity to acquire a rare and uber-luxurious Range Rover at a fraction of its original cost – no surprises with this truck, except for of course the incredible level at which Land Rover engineered and outfitted the Autobiography Ultimate Edition.