Offered for sale is a wonderfully charming, entirely restored 1957 Citroen 2CV finished in original Citroen Gris Clair (AC 132) with wheels and interior accents finished in Citroen Ivoire Clair (AC 123). Freshly completed in April of 2012 for our local Santa Barbara client, the car was restored by the renowned Eurocar Imports, the preeminent North American restorer of vintage Citroens, including the famous Hermes 2CV.
The approach to this car’s restoration was to retain the original appearance of the car while upgrading the car’s original 425cc engine with a more modern running gear: 602cc engine, rebuilt disc brake system and 12 volt electrical system. The result is a highly desirable progression of the iconic design featuring the swaged hood (in production from 1948-1959). Original Citroen parts were used wherever possible so that the car retains the spirit of the original and the functionality of the most modern 2CV. The car comfortably keeps up with the modern city traffic and corners and stops without fault.
Cosmetically the car is in exceptional condition, the Gris Clair is finished to a high quality that bears only minimal imperfections consistent with any 2CV that’s received minimal use. The body is perfectly straight with consistent and correct panel fits and gaps. All of the glass and rubber is flawless, including the front wheel mud flaps and retractable roof. The wheels have been upgraded to ensure the easy ordering of tires, yet custom built to maintain the car’s original appearance. The tires have less than 300 miles on them. The interior is equally immaculate with new original style Tartan seats, new interior rubber fittings, refinished interior accents (seat frames, steering wheel, shift knob, etc.), as well as new rubber mats, door panels and headliner.
Vintage French and California yellow and black license plates, repair manual and some spare parts will be included in the sale.
With vintage Citroen values steadily on the rise, this example represents an incredible opportunity to acquire a turn-key example that doesn’t require any additional work. If you’ve been looking for one of the few vintage 2CVs that made it stateside, it would be virtually impossible to find a higher quality, more appealing example.
Restoration work is summarized below:
– New galvanized frame painted black to original specifications.
– New floor plans and box section on the body.
– Body stripped to bare metal/sand blasted/rust treated before finishing in original Citroen Gris Clair.
– New tires, clutch, exhaust including fitting kit, cv boots and belts.
– New soft top.
– All new rubber hoses, window rubbers and other miscellaneous rubber parts.
– Upgrade to rebuilt 602cc engine with a rebuilt carb and gearbox.
– Upgrade to 12 volt electrical system including electronic ignition, modern dashboard, wiper motor, French yellow halogen headlamps and cigarette lighter.
– Upgrade to modern braking system and pedals, rebuilt disc brakes including new lines and master cylinder.
– New firewall sound-proofing, new original rubber mats and new headlining in grey.
– New original style Tartan seats and suspension rings.
– Vintage style front and rear lap belts.